BEng (Hons) Software Engineering Top-Up
The BEng (Hons) Software Engineering Top-up offers graduates the opportunity to develop a career with possibilities in a broad range of areas, both nationally and internationally.
The BEng (Hons) Software Engineering Top-up Degree will see you completing a core undergraduate project, alongside a choice of completing two optional modules including agile programming, enterprise systems development, and machine learning. All modules will expose you to a variety of disciplines within software engineering.
Software engineering qualifications are considered essential whether you are looking to pursue a career in software engineering, computing, or simply looking to advance in your current career.
The course is designed to help you to understand the software engineering environment and the needs of employers in local, national, and international contexts. We will support you to develop highly sought-after skills such as communication, data analysis, time management, team working and problem-solving.
Who is the Top-up Degree in Software Engineering for?
The BEng (Hons) Software Engineering Top-up Degree is perfect for those looking to gain career progression within the field. It is designed to provide a broad understanding of different functions within the digital world.
It is a progression route from a foundation degree, Higher National Diploma (HND) or level 5 equivalent in software engineering or Computing/programming-related course, allowing you to gain a full degree.
Some graduates may choose to undertake further study in order to hone their expertise in a particular area of software engineering.
- Undergraduate Project (SEC6201) (Core)
- Agile Programming (SWE6202) (Optional)
- Enterprise Systems Development (SWE6203) (Optional)
- Machine Learning (SWE6204) (Optional)
- You will need either an FdSc or HND in software engineering or Computing/programming-related course.
- Students with non-traditional qualifications and/or relevant experience may be accepted onto the course. This must be evidenced via a personal statement, successful interview, and supported by employment reference(s) indicating the duration of employment and the role.
- If you are an international student, you must take a Secure English Language Test (SELT). You can only take a SELT with one of the following providers: IELTS SELT Consortium including UKVI Academic IELTS, LanguageCert, Pearson and PSI Services (UK) Ltd. Please see here for the minimum scores required for each. You may be required to attend an interview and/or provide a portfolio of work.
How to Apply
Each of our courses has different entry requirements and a different admission process. We encourage you to look at our course pages and the How to apply section for detailed information.
From choosing your desired course, writing your statement, and submitting the application, you can count on our friendly Recruitment Team for help and guidance at every step of the way. Get in touch to make an initial appointment to discuss your situation.
Weekday / Weekend /Evening Classes
£9,250 per year (Home fee)
RQF Level 6
Written exams, course work, practical exams