BSc (Hons) Mechanical Engineering with Foundation Year
Mechanical engineers are always in demand around the globe. They create solutions and solve problems, and play a central role in the design and implementation of moving parts in a range of industries. This programme will prepare you with the skills and knowledge that you need to succeed in this competitive and diverse field.
The course will see you apply mathematical and statistical methods, tools, and notations in the analysis and solution of complex engineering problems. You will also develop your capabilities in problem-solving, managing workloads, and communicating with a range of individuals. In your foundation year, you will gain an excellent grounding in the fundamentals of the engineering environment and its principles.
Why should I complete the BSc (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering with Foundation Year
This course prepares prospective engineers for meaningful professional employment in the Mechanical Engineering sector.
You will develop your cognitive, intellectual, and problem-solving skills via key principles of mechanical engineering. The demand for skilled and qualified mechanical engineers is increasing, which is fostered by a transforming economic landscape, driven by the need for advanced engineering solutions.
Upon graduation, you will be able to pursue a career in a wide range of industries. Examples include advance manufacturing, product design, bio medical engineering, and artificial intelligence, among many others. You may also choose to study a master’s in a related subject area.
- Foundation Principles 0 (ATT3037)
- Foundation Principles 1 (ATT3033)
- Foundation Principles 2 (ATT3034)
- Engineering Study Skills (ATT3035)
- Engineering Technology (ATT3036)
- Engineering Environment (AME4061)
- Engineering Principles 1 (AME4062)
- Engineering Principles 2 (AME4063)
- Projects and Systems (AME4064)
- Graphical Communications and Computer Modelling (AME4065)
- Engineering Applications (AME5011)
- Mechanics of Materials and Machines (AME5012)
- Thermofluids and Control Systems (AME5013)
- Engineering Modelling and Analysis (AME5014)
- Engineering in Business and Society (AME5015)
- Major Project (AME6011)
- Advanced Materials and Structures (AME6012)
- Management and Enterprise in Engineering (AME6013)
- Advanced Thermofluids and Control (AME6015)
- Finite Element and Difference Solutions (AME6016)
- UCAS points: 48
- You should have a minimum of two GCE A2-level passes (or equivalent), including mathematics and science; and five GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent), including English.
- Mature students without these qualifications but with relevant industrial experience or alternative qualifications may be considered.
- Level 3 in related subject
- College-recognised certificated learning equivalent to the above. Where possible Regent College London uses the NARIC database to determine equivalents to GCSE and A level qualifications
- IELTS 5.0 with no less than 4.5 in any band (non-native speakers). We also accept a range of other English language qualifications – please visit our English Language Requirements web page for more details
- If you are an international student, you must take a Secure English Language Test (SELT). You can only take a SELT with one of the following providers: IELTS SELT Consortium including UKVI Academic IELTS, LanguageCert, Pearson and PSI Services (UK) Ltd. Please see here for the minimum scores required for each. You may be required to attend an interview and/or provide a portfolio of work.
Students may be asked to attend an academic interview. Suitability for entry to our programs can be demonstrated in several ways and is not limited to academic qualifications alone and applicants who do not meet our published entry requirements are encouraged to contact recruitment and admissions for advice.
How to Apply
Each of our courses has different entry requirements and a different admission process. We encourage you to look at our course pages and the How to apply section for detailed information.
From choosing your desired course, writing your statement, and submitting the application, you can count on our friendly Recruitment Team for help and guidance at every step of the way. Get in touch to make an initial appointment to discuss your situation.
Weekday / Weekend /Evening Classes
£9,250 per year (Home fee)
RQF Level 3-6
Exams, Essays, Reports and Presentations
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU OUT
If you have any reservations or further questions don’t be shy. Contact us today through our multiple channels