BSc (Hons) Business Management with Foundation Year
This degree assures that you will be well-prepared for your future job. You'll learn about strategic international management and how to use technology to revolutionise industry best practices, which is especially vital in a post-pandemic workplace.
The Business Management with Foundation Year will expose you to key concepts in areas such as people management, business law, marketing, strategic management, information systems, big data, project management, finance and innovation, and enterprise. In addition to nurturing academic and sector-specific knowledge, the program aims to support your development of key employability skills, such as critical thinking, problem-solving, and data analysis. Plus, on completion of the course, you’ll receive the CMI Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management (subject to approval), giving you an impressive dual-award.
Why should I complete the BSc (Hons) Business Management with Foundation Year ?
Business management qualifications open doors, they are essential whether you are looking to pursue a career in business, start your own business, or achieve further success with your current employer or career. Developing your employability is a key focus, the course is designed to help you to understand the business environment in local, national, and international contexts.
You’ll also develop sought-after skills in communication, data analysis, team working and problem-solving. Overall, the course aims to give you an essential appreciation of the skills needed to thrive and adapt to the changing world of work.
- Academic Skills and PDP (BMP3001)
- Business in Practice (BMP3002)
- Further Academic Skills (BMP3003)
- World of Work (BMP3004)
- Applied Business Finance (BMP3005)
- Practical Digital Marketing (BMP3006)
- Professional and Academic Skills Development (BMP4001)
- Business Law (BMP4002)
- Business Environment (BMP4003)
- Contemporary Issues in Marketing (BMP4004)
- Information Systems and Big Data Analysis (BMP4005)
- People and Performance (BMP4006)
- Business Management and Career Development (BMP5001)
- Leading and Managing Teams (RBM5004)
- Project Management (BMP5004)
- Enterprise, Innovation and Creativity (BMP5005)
- Financial Management and Decision Making (BMP5006)
- Business Project (BMP6000)
- Dissertation (BMP6001)
- Strategic Management (BMP6002)
- International HRM (BMP6003)
- Learning and Development (BMP6004)
- Work and the Employment Relationship (BMP6005)
- E Commerce and Contemporary Marketing Practice (BMP6006)
- Global Consumer Behaviour (BMP6007)
- Integrated Digital Marketing Strategy (BMP6008)
- Retail Management (BMP6009)
- Strategic Information Management (BMP6010)
- Supply Chain Management (BMP6011)
- Logistics and Operations Management (BMP6012)
- Corporate Governance (BMP6013)
- Advanced Company Law (BMP6014)
- Financial Reporting for Management (BMP6015)
- Professionals in Practice (BMP6017)
- Financial Accounting and the Regulatory Framework (BMP6018)
- Level 3: Any subjects are acceptable
- GCSEs: Five at grade C or above / grade 4 to 9
- IELTS: 5.0 with no less than 4.5 in any band (Non-native speakers)
- If you didn’t study GCSEs / A-Levels and have non-traditional entry qualifications or relevant work experience we will be happy to consider your application. You’ll be required to attend an interview as part of the admissions process.
- We also welcome applications from students studying a wide range of qualifications from around the world. Whilst you can find specific details of our international qualification requirements under our partner university’s ‘Your Country’ page.
- Any student who has studied in a non-majority English-speaking country will typically be asked to complete an additional qualification testing English language ability (speaking, listening, reading, and writing). The expected level is IELTS 5.0 or equivalent with no element below 4.5.
- These are our standard entry requirements, but we may consider lowering these for students that perform well in the interview.
UCAS points: 48 (this can be made up from a range of level courses, for more information on the UCAS points for your qualification go to the UCAS tariff calculator)
Students will also be asked to attend an academic interview. Suitability for entry to our programmes can be demonstrated in several ways and is not limited to academic qualifications alone and applicants who do not meet our published entry requirements are encouraged to contact recruitment and admissions for advice.
How to Apply
Each of our courses has different entry requirements and a different admission process. We encourage you to look at our course pages and the How to apply section for detailed information.
From choosing your desired course, writing your statement, and submitting the application, you can count on our friendly Recruitment Team for help and guidance at every step of the way. Get in touch to make an initial appointment to discuss your situation.
Weekday / Weekend /Evening Classes
£9,250 per year (Home fee)
RQF Level 3-6
Exams, Essays, Reports and Presentations
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU OUT
If you have any reservations or further questions don’t be shy. Contact us today through our multiple channels