HND in Business (General)
The HND degree allows you to obtain an understanding of the fundamental role of Business in the world of business, and develop essential skills through group projects, real client briefings, and guest lecturers featuring practicing marketing professionals
Our Pearson Validated HND in Business (General) course covers all the essential knowledge you need to progress your career within an office-based business environment. You will also gain an in-depth understanding of today’s business world, trends, challenges, opportunities and you will be able to develop core skills relating to business and management, customer service management, marketing, sales, and global business.
The HND in Business (General) course provides practical preparation, industry insight, and technical advice in a general business context. With a strong vocational focus, it has been designed to develop the skills and techniques needed in business and enable students to apply their learning to real industry situations. We also offer flexible study classes, which include Weekday, Weekend, and Evening Classes to help you fit your studies around busy life commitments!
Why should I complete the HND in Business (General) ?
This 2 year HND in Business (General) Course is ideal for students who have an interest in developing their business understanding and capabilities, or who want to gain a higher-level qualification in business management to enhance their current career path. Each unit is tailored towards helping students develop knowledge and skills across a range of business disciplines, including national and international marketing, management, accountancy, business growth, and forecasting.
The course is ideal for those who would like to gain the first two years of a Business General Degree and then move onto a 1 year top-up at University to gain a full undergraduate degree.
- UNIT 1 – Business and the business environment (Mandatory)
- UNIT 2 – Marketing Processes and Planning (Mandatory)
- UNIT 3 – Human resource management (Mandatory)
- UNIT 4 – Management and operations (Mandatory)
- UNIT 5 – Accounting Principles (Mandatory)
- UNIT 6 – Managing a Successful Business Project (Pearson Set) (Mandatory)
- UNIT 8 – Innovation and Commercialisation (Optional)
- UNIT 9 – Entrepreneurial Ventures (Optional)
- GCSE passes at grades ‘A to C’ including English Language, and either a minimum of one A Level at grades ‘A’ to ‘E’, or a BTEC Level 3 Certificate or Diploma, or an Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved further education institution; or
- College-recognised certificated learning equivalent to the above. Where possible Regent College London uses the NARIC database to determine equivalents to GCSE and A level qualifications; or
- Normally, two or more years of work experience at a managerial/supervisory/admin level relevant to the programme applied for. This must be evidenced via a personal statement, work experience form and successful interview, and supported by employment reference(s) indicating the duration of employment and the role.
You may be eligible to join a HND programme if you have previous learning that satisfies the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for the course you are interested in, normally with 90 credits (subject to syllabus studied previously). It is your responsibility to demonstrate this with objective evidence.
Prospective students who are not UK nationals, or who are UK nationals but do not have GCSE English Language at grades A to C, are required to take our English language assessment. If you hold IELTS grade 5.5, with both reading and writing at grade 5.5, you do not need to sit this assessment.If you do not meet the required standard of English in the assessment, you will be offered an English language course to help you improve your English to the necessary level to gain admission to the Pearson HND in Business programme.
How to Apply
Each of our courses has different entry requirements and a different admission process. We encourage you to look at our course pages and the How to apply section for detailed information.
From choosing your desired course, writing your statement, and submitting the application, you can count on our friendly Recruitment Team for help and guidance at every step of the way. Get in touch to make an initial appointment to discuss your situation.
Weekday / Weekend /Evening Classes
£8,000 per year (Home fee)
RQF Level 4-5
Exams, Essays, Reports and Presentations
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU OUT
If you have any reservations or further questions don’t be shy. Contact us today through our multiple channels