BEng (Hons) Software Engineering with Foundation Year
The BEng (Hons) Software Engineering with Foundation Year will introduce you to the most recent industry-standard technologies and provide you the ability to specialize in areas ranging from software architecture to implementation approaches, allowing you to develop the skills needed to confront current software systems in an industrial setting.
Software engineering is a truly global industry Our BEng (Hons) in Software Engineering with Foundation Year tasks you with the building and maintenance of software systems and other computer-based solutions. By examining all elements of the process – from an initial understanding of the problem, through analysis, design, and development, to testing, documentation, and maintenance, this degree offers you a focused, but fully rounded education.
We will support you to explore the underlying principles of software engineering while helping you gain knowledge and practical experience of the latest technologies. You will be encouraged to appreciate both the technical and human aspects involved in areas such as software systems and design, systems analysis, programming, database specification and design, and system security.
Why should I complete the BEng (Hons) Software Engineering with Foundation Year ?
This course is awarded and provides students with the technical knowledge needed to successfully progress within the Software Systems field. In addition, you will have opportunities to gain experience in communication and presentation, problem-solving, and time management. Our focus is on helping you develop industry-relevant skills that prepare you for a career in software engineering.
The demand for skilled and qualified software engineers is increasing. This is fostered by a transforming economic landscape, driven by the need for computing technology solutions.
- Introduction to Software Development (SWE4101)
- Computing Infrastructure (SWE4102)
- Databases (SWE4103)
- Fundamentals of Software Engineering (SWE4104)
- Advanced Programming (SWE5101)
- Data Structures and Algorithms (SWE5102)
- Software Engineering (SWE5103)
- Advanced Databases and Big Data (SWE5104)
- Undergraduate Project (SEC6101)
- Agile Programming (SWE6102)
- Enterprise Systems Development (SWE6103)
- Machine Learning (SWE6104)
Foundation Year Modules
- Fundamentals of Programming (CTF3101)
- Logical Analysis and Problem Solving (CTF3102)
- Computer Systems (CTF3103)
- Foundation Project (CTF3104)
- Level 3: Any subjects are acceptable
- GCSEs: Five at grade C or above / grade 4 to 9
- IELTS: 5.0 with no less than 4.5 in any band (Non-native speakers)
- We also welcome applications from students studying a wide range of qualifications from around the world. Whilst you can find specific details of our international qualification requirements under our partner university’s ‘Your Country’ page.
- Any student who has studied in a non-majority English-speaking country will typically be asked to complete an additional qualification testing English language ability (speaking, listening, reading, and writing). The expected level is IELTS 5.0 or equivalent with no element below 4.5.
- These are our standard entry requirements, but we may consider lowering these for students that perform well in the interview.
UCAS points: 48 (this can be made up from a range of level courses, for more information on the UCAS points for your qualification go to the UCAS tariff calculator)
Students will also be asked to attend an academic interview. Suitability for entry to our programs can be demonstrated in several ways and is not limited to academic qualifications alone and applicants who do not meet our published entry requirements are encouraged to contact recruitment and admissions for advice.
How to Apply
Each of our courses has different entry requirements and a different admission process. We encourage you to look at our course pages and the How to apply section for detailed information.
From choosing your desired course, writing your statement, and submitting the application, you can count on our friendly Recruitment Team for help and guidance at every step of the way. Get in touch to make an initial appointment to discuss your situation.
Weekday / Weekend /Evening Classes
£9,250 per year (Home fee)
RQF Level 3-6
Exams, Essays, Reports and Presentations
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU OUT
If you have any reservations or further questions don’t be shy. Contact us today through our multiple channels