BEng (Hons) Software Engineering
Throughout the BEng (HONS) Software Engineering Course you will work with cutting-edge technologies and grasp a wide range of architectures, programming languages, software engineering formalisms, techniques, and tools as part of this Software Engineering degree. You will gain professional, managerial, and teamwork skills, as well as problem-solving abilities via the use of analytical approaches.
Our BEng (Hons) Software Engineering course provides a platform for those who are new to the field. You may start out as programmer and work your way up to positions of greater responsibility, whether it’s as an architect or a project manager.
Graduates will be able to analyze competitive market conditions and recognize resources required for effective Software Engineering. Jobs directly related to a software engineering degree include games development, systems development, web design, web development, search engine optimization, information systems management, and business analysis.
Why should I complete the BEng (Hons) Software Engineering Course?
We will support you to explore the underlying principles of software engineering while helping you gain knowledge and practical experience of the latest technologies. You will be encouraged to appreciate both the technical and human aspects involved in areas such as software systems and design, systems analysis, programming, database specification and design, and system security.
In addition to technical knowledge, you will have opportunities to gain experience in communication and presentation, problem-solving, and time management. Our focus is on helping you develop industry-relevant skills that prepare you for a career in Software Engineering.
- Introduction to Software Development (SWE4101)
- Computing Infrastructure (SWE4102)
- Databases (SWE4103)
- Fundamentals of Software Engineering (SWE4104)
- Advanced Programming (SWE5101)
- Data Structures and Algorithms (SWE5102)
- Software Engineering (SWE5103)
- Advanced Databases and Big Data (SWE5104)
- Undergraduate Project (SEC6101)
- Agile Programming (SWE6102)
- Enterprise Systems Development (SWE6103)
- Machine Learning (SWE6104)
- Level 3: Any subjects are acceptable
- GCSEs: Five at grade C or above / grade 4 to 9
- IELTS: 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in any band (Non-native speakers)
- If you are an international student, you must take a Secure English Language Test (SELT). You can only take a SELT with one of the following providers: IELTS SELT Consortium including UKVI Academic IELTS, LanguageCert, Pearson, and PSI Services (UK) Ltd. Please see here for the minimum scores required for each.
If you didn’t study GCSEs / A-Levels and have non-traditional entry qualifications or relevant work experience we will be happy to consider your application. You’ll be required to attend an interview as part of the admissions process.
If you don’t meet the entry requirements for this course, please consider the BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering with Foundation Year.
UCAS points: 104 (this can be made up from a range of level courses, for more information on the UCAS points for your qualification go to the UCAS tariff calculator)
Students will also be asked to attend an academic interview. Suitability for entry to our programs can be demonstrated in several ways and is not limited to academic qualifications alone and applicants who do not meet our published entry requirements are encouraged to contact recruitment and admissions for advice.
How to Apply
Each of our courses has different entry requirements and a different admission process. We encourage you to look at our course pages and the How to apply section for detailed information.
From choosing your desired course, writing your statement, and submitting the application, you can count on our friendly Recruitment Team for help and guidance at every step of the way. Get in touch to make an initial appointment to discuss your situation.
Weekday / Weekend /Evening Classes
£9,250 per year (Home fee)
RQF Level 3-6
Exams, Essays, Reports and Presentations
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU OUT
If you have any reservations or further questions don’t be shy. Contact us today through our multiple channels