BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care Top-Up (UOB)
Studying our BSc (Hons) in Health and Social care will help you make a difference to the daily lives of vulnerable people.
The BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care Top-up degree will give you the knowledge and practical understanding employers look for in today’s healthcare climate. You will explore key topics including safeguarding children, care of the older person, contemporary mental health, and a range of other health and social care topics.
Whether your ambition is to take on a senior leadership role for a healthcare provider or to drive forward the success of your own healthcare business, this Top-Up Degree will build on your previous studies in healthcare and take understanding to the next level. The course offers you the opportunity to build on previous qualifications to develop the values, skills, and knowledge essential to good health and social care practice, opening the door to a huge range of employment opportunities.
The BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care Top-up is a progression route from a Level 5 healthcare related course to gaining a full degree awarded by the University of Bolton, our validation partner.
Who is the BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care Top-up Course For?
This one-year course is particularly aimed at those who wish to develop critical, cognitive, professional, and intellectual approaches to healthcare. The health and social care top-up is suitable for those who already have a broad healthcare-related HND, foundation degree, or Level 5 equivalent. We offer flexible timetables to help you fit your studies around your busy life, and our London campuses run weekend, weekday, and evening study options.
- Research Proposal/Methods (HSO6000) (Core)
- Compassionate Health and Social Care (HSO6001) (Core)
- Dissertation/Research Project (HSO6002) (Core)
- Safeguarding Children (HLT6027) (Optional)
- Working With Children and Families (HLT6125) (Optional)
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults (HLT6012) (Optional)
- Care of the Older Person (HLT6015) (Optional)
- Contemporary Mental Health (HLT6060) (Optional)
- You are normally expected to have completed a relevant qualification at Level HE5, such as a Foundation Degree or HND, or professional qualification at an equivalent level.
- If you are an international student, you must take a Secure English Language Test (SELT). You can only take a SELT with one of the following providers: IELTS SELT Consortium including UKVI Academic IELTS, LanguageCert, Pearson and PSI Services (UK) Ltd. Please see here for the minimum scores required for each. You may be required to attend an interview and/or provide a portfolio of work.
How to Apply
Each of our courses has different entry requirements and a different admission process. We encourage you to look at our course pages and the How to apply section for detailed information.
From choosing your desired course, writing your statement, and submitting the application, you can count on our friendly Recruitment Team for help and guidance at every step of the way. Get in touch to make an initial appointment to discuss your situation.
Weekday / Weekend /Evening Classes
£9,250 per year (Home fee)
RQF Level 6
Course work and written exam plus Formative Assessment (FAS)