BSc (Hons) Health and Social Science with Foundation Year
The BSc (Hons) Health and Social Science with Foundation Year is designed to provide a diverse insight into the different aspects of health and social care. It provides a flexible approach to teaching and learning through reflective practice in a variety of disciplines. It will give the chance for people working in or wanting to work in, public health or health promotion jobs to build and test their knowledge and skills through the core modules to inform their practice and enhance career options using a combination of taught and online sources.
Our BSc (Hons) Health and Social Science with Foundation Year draws on diverse academic disciplines such as public policy, psychology, criminology, public health, economics, exercise science, human performance, political science, psychology, and sociology. You will gain a critical comprehension of health and social care policy, theory, and practice together with an understanding of how complex groups and societies function interact and change.
The Foundation Year Course takes a flexible, work-based, approach to teaching and learning, which encourages reflective practice. All teaching and learning are offered on flexible timetables where you can fit your studies around your life, with study options including evenings and weekends. Students will be assessed through examinations, essays, short answer papers, reports and reviews, presentations, case studies, group assessment projects, debates, and health profiles.
A range of optional modules can be chosen in the final years ofthe programe to tailor the course to suit your interests, improve strengths and fine-tune your career path.
Why should I complete the BSc (Hons) Health and Social Science with Foundation Year ?
If you wish to make a difference to the susceptible people in society while gaining a well-recognized qualification, this course is for you. The BSc Health and Social Science Degree is specially designed for those who aspire to pursue a career in the social, wellbeing, health, and voluntary sectors where working with people remains a key feature.
The Health and Social Science BSc will develop your knowledge and skills through the core modules to advance your practice and enhance career choices. You will learn from our highly qualified academics with expertise across the health and social science field.
Foundation Year Modules
- Ways of Learning about the Social World (FY008)
- Preparing for Success Knowledge and Creativity (FY026)
- Preparing for Success: Self-development and Responsibility (FY027)
- Inquiry-based Learning (FY028)
- Minimum of two full A-levels (or equivalent)
- Proficiency in the English language
- If you do not meet the entry requirements you may be eligible for the Health and Social Science with Foundation Year
- We also welcome applications from students studying a wide range of qualifications from around the world. Whilst you can find specific details of our international qualification requirements under our partner university’s ‘Your Country’ page.
- Any student who has studied in a non-majority English-speaking country will typically be asked to complete an additional qualification testing English language ability (speaking, listening, reading, and writing). The expected level is IELTS 5.0 or equivalent with no element below 4.5.
- These are our standard entry requirements, but we may consider lowering these for students that perform well in the interview.
UCAS points: 80 (this can be made up from a range of level courses, for more information on the UCAS points for your qualification go to the UCAS tariff calculator)
Students will also be asked to attend an academic interview. Suitability for entry to our programs can be demonstrated in several ways and is not limited to academic qualifications alone and applicants who do not meet our published entry requirements are encouraged to contact recruitment and admissions for advice.
How to Apply
Each of our courses has different entry requirements and a different admission process. We encourage you to look at our course pages and the How to apply section for detailed information.
From choosing your desired course, writing your statement, and submitting the application, you can count on our friendly Recruitment Team for help and guidance at every step of the way. Get in touch to make an initial appointment to discuss your situation
Weekday / Weekend /Evening Classes
£9,250 per year (Home fee)
RQF Level 3-6
Exams, Essays, Reports and Presentations
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU OUT
If you have any reservations or further questions don’t be shy. Contact us today through our multiple channels