HND in Health Care Practice (Integrated Health and Social Care)
Studying our HND in Health Care Practice (Integrated Health and Social Care) will help you gain the practices needed to make a positive impact in the lives of vulnerable individuals. The HND in Health Care Practice will give you a good basis of the Healthcare Industry, allowing you to explore a range of modules
The Course is designed to develop students as professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the healthcare sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. The qualifications aim to widen access to higher education and enhance the career prospects of those who undertake them.
The key aim is allowing students with the Health Care Practice skills, knowledge and the understanding necessary to achieve high performance in the global health and social care environment. In addition, students will be provided insight and understanding into the diversity of roles within the healthcare sector, recognising the importance of collaboration at all levels. The Pearson HND in Health Care Practice (Integrated Health and Social Care) course is ideal for those who would like to gain the first two years of a Health Care Practice degree, and then move onto a 1 year top-up at University to gain a full Bachelor’s degree. At Regent College London, we have some of the best academic team within the education sector whom deliver engaging lessons to our students. In addition, small class sizes ensure 1-2-1 advice and help when needed.
Who is the HND in Health Care Practice (Integrated Health and Social Care) for?
Awarded by Pearson, the HND in Health Care Practice is aimed at students wanting to continue their education through applied learning and designed for students who wish to pursue or advance their career in healthcare practice or related fields.
Our highly experienced and dedicated team will lead you in an exploration of the principles of care, professional values, attitudes and behaviour, ethical practice of care, and a range of other intriguing topics. Our focus is on helping you become a knowledgeable, compassionate, and person-centred care professional.
- Unit 1 – Law, Policy and Ethical Practice in HSC (Core)
- Unit 2 – Demonstrating Professional Principles and Values in Health and Social Care Practice (Core)
- Unit 3 – Supporting the Individual Journey through Integrated Health and Social Care (Core)
- Unit 4 – Fundamentals of Evidence-based Practice (Pearson-set Project) (Core)
- Unit 11 – Changing Perspective in Public Health (Optional)
- Unit 13 – Supporting Individuals with Specific Needs (Optional)
- Unit 17 – Effective Reporting and Record-keeping in Health and Social Care Services (Optional)
- Unit 18 – Innovation and Improvement through Action Research (Pearson-set Project) (Core)
- Unit 19 – Reflective Approaches in Implementing Person-centred Practice (Core)
- Unit 20 – Care planning Processes in Health Care Practice (Optional)
- Unit 22 – Supporting Individuals through Significant Life Events (Specialist)
- Unit 25 – Facilitating Change in Healthcare Environments (Specialist)
- Unit 26 – Supporting Team and Partnership Working across Health and Social Care Service (Specialist)
- Unit 28 – Holistic Approaches to Health Promotion (Specialist)
- GCSE passes at grades ‘A to C’ including English Language, and either a minimum of one A Level at grades ‘A’ to ‘E’, or a BTEC Level 3 Certificate or Diploma, or an Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved further education institution; or
- College-recognised certificated learning equivalent to the above. Where possible Regent College London uses the NARIC database to determine equivalents to GCSE and A level qualifications; or
- Normally, two or more years of work experience at a managerial/supervisory/admin level relevant to the programme applied for. This must be evidenced via a personal statement, work experience form and successful interview, and supported by employment reference(s) indicating the duration of employment and the role.
- You may be eligible to join a HND programme if you have previous learning that satisfies the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for the course you are interested in, normally with 90 credits (subject to syllabus studied previously). It is your responsibility to demonstrate this with objective evidence.
- Prospective students who are not UK nationals, or who are UK nationals but do not have GCSE English Language at grades A to C, are required to take our English language assessment. If you hold IELTS grade 5.5, with both reading and writing at grade 5.5, you do not need to sit this assessment.
- If you do not meet the required standard of English in the assessment, you will be offered an English language course to help you improve your English to the necessary level to gain admission to the Pearson HND in Health Care Practice (Integrated Health and Social Care programme).
UCAS points: 80 (this can be made up from a range of level courses, for more information on the UCAS points for your qualification go to the UCAS tariff calculator)
Students will also be asked to attend an academic interview. Suitability for entry to our programs can be demonstrated in several ways and is not limited to academic qualifications alone and applicants who do not meet our published entry requirements are encouraged to contact recruitment and admissions for advice.
How to Apply
Each of our courses has different entry requirements and a different admission process. We encourage you to look at our course pages and the How to apply section for detailed information.
From choosing your desired course, writing your statement, and submitting the application, you can count on our friendly Recruitment Team for help and guidance at every step of the way. Get in touch to make an initial appointment to discuss your situation.
Weekday / Weekend /Evening Classes
£8,000 per year (Home fee)
RQF Level 4-6
Exams, Essays, Reports and Presentations
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU OUT
If you have any reservations or further questions don’t be shy. Contact us today through our multiple channels